Nadene Goldfoot
On my 87th BirthdayThe news out for seniors is that we have to get away from Netflix, get outside and walk, even during this COVID period of isolation. Otherwise, we will never see 120 years or even 100. Walking is the cure-all for us, and it depends on your age, the younger you are the more you have to walk.
If you are 65, hopefully you could walk 4 1/2 miles per day. This means 10,000 steps per day. The scale runs from 7,000 to 10,000 steps per day. If we are fairly healthy, most of us can manage a mile which is anywhere from 2,000 steps for a five foot person to almost 3,000 steps per mile.
I wear hiking boots and walk with a cane for security. My knee replacement doesn't interfere with walking, just aging does that.
I can walk 1 mile in 20-25 minutes, and I'm 87 years old. Jan. 5, 2011— -- Edward Gerjouy can walk briskly on an inclined treadmill for more than half an hour without too much trouble. This wouldn't be so remarkable, but for the fact that he is 92 years old. I would figure he walked 1 1/2 miles on that treadmill. Good for him! My mother died at 92, so I know Ed's in good shape.
Resource:
https://www.fgblawfirm.com/blog/2018/june/recommended-walking-distances-for-seniors/
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/walking-speed-predicts-longevity-elderly/story?id=12539377
https://www.sciencefriday.com/segments/steps-a-day-7000/


No comments:
Post a Comment