Monday, October 19, 2020

My son, Steve and I Critique the Presidential Debates Using Our Own Backgrounds in Debate Work

 Nadene Goldfoot                                            

                                                    Steve and myself dancing-a long time ago.  

This is different. It's a video of me and interviewing me is my son Steve, the video-maker

https://youtu.be/aXSfdM9Su9c.

 My son made a video of us talking about the debate, and being Steve went to State as a debater with his partner, Mark Wada from Ontario High School and they came in 2nd in State, and I was a debate judge for Ontario High being an elementary school teacher there, we feel we know a few things about debates.  Needless to say, we were both turned off and have been with these presidential debates which haven't been real debates.  

Debating is an art.  Lawyers -to- be usually take debate classes.  Steve became a nurse but was an excellent debater.  Imagine, Danny Eskow, my husband from NY and Florida, was also a debater and went to State.  I didn't stand a chance in family discussions!

The most famous debate  is one I'll mention on this video.  I'm the one  in the video but Steve is speaking to me and asking me questions.  

It took Steve hours to set up his camera and stuff to go with it since he's started doing this professionally, and a very long time breaking it all down and loading his car up.  Next time I'll go to his house.  So, I can now see all the work that goes into making a video.  

The latest is that Thursday's debate may not be held as thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment